It’s all about understanding two things: AUDIENCE and MESSAGE.
That’s my job.
- Regardless of the type and scope of your project – I will begin by learning who you are talking to, and what you want to say to them. Usually, you will know that before you contact me. But if you need some help honing your intended message – we can talk it through until the unclear becomes clear.
- If you have sources you would like me to interview, that’s great. If you want me to find potential interviewees, that’s fine, too. (If I hadn’t become a writer, I would have made a great researcher).
- I have an informal interview style that puts even publicity-shy people at ease and results in relevant information and great quotes. And I know exactly how to capture a single personality for a personal profile, or weave together the perspectives of a dozen individuals for a wide-ranging feature.
And if you need an EDITOR …
- I’m adept at fixing copy that’s been written by committee or by anyone who believes that saying something in a hundred words is preferable to saying it in ten.
- I can also edit your first-person pieces to make them sound just like you, only better. (i.e., no passive verbs, no needless modifiers, no choppy sentences).
Working with a freelancer should be FUN and STRESSLESS.
That’s my goal.
Contact me with project details, expectations and deadlines and we can discuss hourly rates and project fees. Click on my Portfolio to see examples of my work.